Good health introduces a state of complete physical, social and mental well-being. Maintaining good health is crucial for your productivity and strength for a purposeful life. Living a healthy life helps you in preventing various chronic diseases. Good nutrition is often the first line of resistance to avoid illness. Stay positive and balance your exercises to help manage stress.
Here are some fantastic tips for staying healthy despite your everyday workload.
Eat A Healthy And Balanced Diet
Eating a nutritious filled, healthy diet is essential for good health. In addition, a nutritious diet protects you against various chronic diseases. According to dietary guidelines of Americans, an average person requires about 2000 calories to maintain their weight. So next time you feel hungry, fill half of your plate with vegetables and fruits and don’t forget to add on whole grains, nuts, and proteins.
Benefits Of Eating A Healthy And Balanced Diet
- Lowers risk of type 2 diabetes, heart diseases, and cancers
- Help you live longer while keeping your teeth, skin, and eye-healthy
- Helpful in digestive system function and supports your muscles
- Boosts immunity
Drink Plenty Of Water
Drinking plenty of water helps keep every system of the body functioning correctly. Generally, the daily intake of water should be four to six cups. It helps prevent dehydration, which leads to mood change, constipation, and kidney stones. Avoid drinking sodas or sports drinks as these are high in sugar content.
Benefits Of Drinking Water
- Helpful in maximizing physical performance
- Enhances energy level
- It helps in preventing headaches and relieving constipation
- Aids to weight loss
- Water intake may help in preventing kidney stones
Limit Intake Of Alcohol
Alcohol intake leads to harmful health conditions. Excessive alcohol intake leads to chronic diseases. The dietary guidelines of Americans suggest not drinking more than two drinks per day for males and no more than one drink for females every day.
Benefits Of Limiting The Intake Of Alcohol
- Decreases risks of cardiovascular diseases and cancer
- As alcohol is high in calories, cutting down its intake aids in weight loss
- Reduces depression and anxiety
- Provides you better sleep for maintaining good health
Quit Tobacco Usage
There are innumerable reasons for quitting tobacco. The sooner you stop, the more you see the health benefits. Quitting smoking reduces the risk of many adverse health effects, including cancer, cardiovascular diseases, thus enhancing the quality of your life.
Benefits Of Quitting Tobacco Usage
- Your blood CO level drops to normal within 12 hours of quitting smoking
- Shortness of breath and coughing decreases if you stop smoking for one to nine months
- Your risk of coronary heart disease drops drastically within one year of stopping tobacco usage
- Your chance of getting throat, esophagus, bladder, and mouth cancer reduces by half if your stop smoking for five years
- Quitting smoking decreases the risk of erectile dysfunction
- Lowers risk of infertility
Don’t miss the opportunity to walk ten minutes every day. You can take a break or choose a staircase instead of an elevator. These incremental activities release hormones beneficial for stress boosting, burning your calories, and increasing blood flow and alertness.
Benefits Of Walking For Good Health
- Increases endurance and muscle strength
- Reduces body fat
- Increases muscle and bone strength
- Increases pulmonary and cardiovascular fitness
- Improves health conditions such as high cholesterol, hypertension, diabetes, joint and muscular stiffness
Do The Physical Activities You Enjoy The Most
Choose an activity you enjoy doing. Set a goal to do the activity for 30 minutes each day. Physical activities have intermediate and long-term benefits, most notably by improving your quality of life. It helps you in blocking negative thoughts and worries of everyday life. As a consequence, you feel more relaxed and sleep better.
Benefits Of Doing Physical Activities
- Reduces risk of anxiety and depression
- It makes you feel happier and increase your energy level
- Keep your skin healthy
- Helpful for your memory and brain health
Wash Your Hands
The best way to minimize the spread of germs is by washing your hands at regular intervals. It is the most simplistic and straightforward method to limit infections to others. Using soap and water or hand wash is an effective way to prevent germs up to 90%. If these are not readily available, you may likely use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer as a backup.
The Benefit Of Washing Your Hands Regularly
- Help in preventing infection through nose, mouth, and eyes.
- As dirty hands are responsible for 80% of respiratory tract infections, hand hygiene is necessary.
- Helpful in keeping your hand free from disease-causing pathogens.
Healthy Sleep Habits
Your daily routines, like what you drink or eat, how you schedule your days, and what pills you take, play a notable role in your sleeping habits. In addition, maintaining sleep hygiene can improve your quality of sleep.
Here Are Some Quick Sleep Tips
- Always keep a consistent schedule.
- Set a bedtime to get at least seven to eight hours of sleep.
- If you cannot get rest, get out of your bed and do some quiet activity.
- Turn off electronic devices at least 40 minutes before your bedtime.
- Avoid consuming caffeine and alcohol before bedtime.
- Eat light meals for dinner.
See Your Primary Care Physician Regularly
It is essential to visit a primary care physician once a year to help your doctor spot health issues early on. Primary health care doctors look for signs of diabetes, heart disease, and other chronic diseases, and they also suggest how to prevent illness from developing.
Poor lifestyle significantly leads to the development and progression of chronic health diseases. Improve your lifestyle by following these amazing tips to help you stay healthy and energetic while keeping illness at bay. Carve out time to do fun activities and find ways to trickle down depression and stress.